This is what my life coaching clients say when we first meet:
- I am a procrastinator.
- I have trouble getting started in the morning.
- Now that I am retired I have no focus.
- This job is so bad that I am tired before I even start my day.
- I can never catch up on my emails.
- I have no time for myself.
What is the story you have been telling yourself? Maybe some of these complaints have become ingrained as part of your identity. Is this how you see yourself?
When a life coaching client begins to talk about their “bad” habits, I open a discussion on who they want to be. Your habits may have become part of your identity that you accept even though you don’t like it. Changing habits begins with a life coaching conversation where we look hard at how you are now and how you want to be. By developing and practicing a new habit, you are taking steps to eliminate the old one.
- Figure out what helps get you out of bed in the morning – coffee? A shower? Meditation? Start doing it, be accountable to me as your life coach.
- Focus on one thing you love to do, set a schedule, Start doing it, be accountable to me as your life coach.
- Examine why you are tired, figure out what gives you energy. Start doing it, be accountable to me as your life coach.
- Shrink your email communications to the essentials. Start doing it, be accountable to me as your life coach.
- Put your needs before others and see how that gives you energy. Start doing it, be accountable to me as your life coach.
Putting your energy and focus on taking action is achievable with the little, intentional steps I can teach you through life coaching. You have the ability to become the person who hops out of bed in the morning, who faces work with enthusiasm, and who creates a new schedule with new interests.
Making changes takes practice. The more you do it, the greater the repetition, the closer it will become to being a habit.
Life Coaching to Build Sustainable Habits
Life coaching with me is about noticing, identifying, and focusing on assumptions, beliefs, and self-limiting thoughts that might keep you from moving forward to reach your goals, no matter what those goals are. I believe that by working collaboratively we can change our lives one day at a time through life coaching. With the right tools, a few powerful questions, and the intention to create something that is authentically yours, you too can find the answers you seek and get to where you want to be.
As with any big change, it is so much better when you have an ally to help you in this work. To enlist my help, call Catharine Ecton Life Coaching or schedule your free Life Coaching consultation today. In my blog about Life Coaching vs. Therapy, I discussed the differences and reasons why you might want to hire me as your life coach.
Not sure if Life Coaching is for you? Read Life Coaching testimonials from several of my happy clients here.
Contact me for a complimentary, no-obligations life coaching consultation and we can work on making your life a more powerful, positive one together. Or use the Appointment Scheduler and pick a time that works for you for a phone consultation. I look forward to hearing from you.